02 January 2010

Re-dedication

Well it has been some time since last I even looked at this page. I started it after graduating college with the hopes of using it to chronicle my thoughts during the first year of me being a “real adult”. From the sporadic writing and long absence, I think it is easy to see that I wasn’t the most successful at it. But another year has come and gone and like most I have laid a laundry list of goals and self imposed trials to help me start the new decade off right. One of those resolutions was to do a better job about writing every day. Whether it be a short poem, an article, or just random rambling. I have let the job I took to pay the bills and support my artistic endeavors supercede my creative output and damn it if it isn’t about time I found a little more balance.

Now, I won’t lie and say that I will write everyday, but I am going to try and take the time to share a little more regularly. (Even if all I am doing is talking to myself).

So for now, I leave you with a poem that I think should be at the forefront of folks minds this year.

“Brothers loving brothers”
by Vega

Respect yourself, my brother,
for we are so many wondrous things.

Like a black rose,
you are a rarity to be found.
Our leaves intertwine as I reach out to you
after the release of a gentle rain.

You precious gem,
black pearl that warms the heart,
symbol of ageless wisdom,
I derive strength
from the touch of your hand.

Our lives blend together
like rays of light;
we are men of color
adorned in shades of tan, red,
beige, black, brown.

Brothers born from the same earth womb.
Brothers reaching for the same star.

Love me as your equal.
Love me, brother to brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment