16 March 2010

Pen and Paper: Forbidden Fruit


an ode to love

 
 
you are

butter pecan

with a hint of mocha

blended into

a cosmopolitan delight

that eases the chill in my spine


replacing it with

desire that

runs through me like fever

and leaves behind

distilled tastes of innocence

purified perfection

tastes of royalty

not born of Kipling’s India

 
 
I’m talkin’ bout the

fruit of concrete jungles

of urban life

fruit of trees whose roots

cling to the South

drawing nourishment

from the shores of Oshun



to taste even the seeds of this tree

is a temptation

only a child of Eve

freed from false sin could extend

a new age pilgrim

I am

 
 
come

asking for



music

evanescent joy

transcendent sound

that can stimulate me

to an existential state

of

procreation

that impregnates the tongue

giving birth to truth

and ecstasy

that lingers in

mind body and soul

like footprints

in the sand on a beach

with no tide



timeless blessings

conveyed by the

hidden knowledge of the tree of life

knowledge of you

me

us



manifested in the curves

of your body

the essence of your being

conveyed by

the meeting of your lips

with mine



at your command

your time and place

I

will come

for

you

and in our union

we will

make long

everlasting

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment