04 December 2012

Coming Up For Air

I took a break from this space to gain perspective and live my life rather than write about it. But as is always the case, I find my self drawn back to give words to and thus shape and meaning to my experiences. So here we go...


This year was one of both highs and lows, but above all else a time of learning about myself. A year ago, I began a the very difficult process of parting ways with the first man I ever loved. I will save the how, why, and lessons learned from those trials for another post, but suffice to say that it was difficult. Very difficult and changed me in both positive and negative ways.

Since that time, I've given my heart into another's keeping only to learn that neither of us was truly ready for that task. Yet another lessons learned, but nothing really regretted.

I found myself down and out in more ways than one, but have since charted a way back to my path forward. This post is not intended as one to dwell on the past, but rather as a farewell to it. To both of those men, I owe you much. Our times together meant more than I can express in words and I miss you each dearly, but wish you well with a full heart and open hand.

To my friends who stood by me. Listened. Whiped away my tears. Chewed my ass out when necessary. And got me back into living for myself again. I thank you. Y'all form the bedrock upon which I have founded my life and without you all I would crumble.

So I'm back, with many more thoughts, witticisms, social critiques, and long lost poets.

Get ready.

- Mercutio

No comments:

Post a Comment